[Snort-users] Adding Email Details in base

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Thu Apr 14 04:05:38 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 02:28, Mark Sargent wrote:
> James Riden wrote:
>
> >Mark Sargent <powderkeg at ...11462...> writes:
> >
> Hi All,
>
> ok, thanx for that...tell me, how does base send mail..? does it have
> it's own engine..? I sent mail to an external address, but, even after
> 5mins, it hasn't arrived.
>
> Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache
> Successful Email alert(s) (full) - 50 alert(s)
>  *Queried on* : Thu April 14, 2005 15:24:59
>
> Do I need to set anything in the config file of either base or snort for
> this..? Cheers.

Hi-

BASE uses the mail program that your copy of PHP is configured with.  I
believe that it is configured in your php.ini which should be in your
/etc directory.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net