[Snort-users] Adding Email Details in base

Mark Sargent powderkeg at ...11462...
Wed Apr 13 23:29:21 EDT 2005

James Riden wrote:

>Mark Sargent <powderkeg at ...11462...> writes:
>

>>Hi All,
>>
>>I want to email alerts to myself from base. Where do I add the email
>>details for this, as choosing {action}-Email alert(s) (full) gives the
>>following error,
>>

>>>Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache
>>>Could not email alerts since no email address was specified
>>>

>In the text box immediately to the right of the "Email alert(s)
>(full)" drop down box.
>
>cheers,
> Jamie

Hi All,

ok, thanx for that...tell me, how does base send mail..? does it have
it's own engine..? I sent mail to an external address, but, even after
5mins, it hasn't arrived.

Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache
Successful Email alert(s) (full) - 50 alert(s)
 *Queried on* : Thu April 14, 2005 15:24:59

Do I need to set anything in the config file of either base or snort for
this..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.