[Snort-users] Need help converting Snort 2.0 config to Snort 2.3

Senthil Prabu.S prabu333 at ...8908...
Mon Apr 11 21:23:49 EDT 2005

Hi,
>I have been given a box with Snort 2.0 and been told to build a new one
> with Snort 2.3.  In my old snort.conf file I have:
>
> preprocessor portscan2: scanners_max 256, targets_max 1024, target_limit 5,
> port_limit 20, timeout 60
>
> I am not finding it in Snort 2.3's snort.conf file.  I did find the
> flow-portscan but I am not sure how to convert what I had to the new way
> or if I am even looking in the correct place.

Fine, go for snort-2.3.2, it is most updated version.
Regarding your snort.conf file, you can find a snort.conf file
at the etc/ of snort source, you better replace ur snort.conf
with this one.

Also, the latest snort.conf needs updated classification.conf and many
such things, so it is better to copy the etc/ and rules/ directory from the
source to your snort working directory.

--
Senthil Prabu.S