[Snort-users] /tmp/mysql.sock missing

Seth Art sethart at ...11827...
Thu Apr 7 11:37:17 EDT 2005

If this just started recently, you might have run into the same issue
as me.  Yesterday i applied the mysql server update with yum on my
Fedora Core 2 database machine.  After that i was getting sock errors
and base and aanval couldn't connect to my database.  I was due for a
reboot anyway and that fixed it, but most likely all you need to do is
restart the mysqld service.  Hope this helps.

-Seth