[SPAM] - RE: [Snort-users] Unable to connect to snort server by the sensor - Email found in subject

Marc Hering mhering at ...13116...
Thu Apr 7 09:04:26 EDT 2005

The command line was:
snort-2.3.2]# mysql -h 10.0.0.5 -u snort -p Enter password:

Or was it
snort-2.3.2]# mysql -h 10.0.0.5 -u snort -p

??

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Jitendra
Gupta
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:38 AM
To: Harper, Patrick; snort Mailing List
Subject: [SPAM] - RE: [Snort-users] Unable to connect to snort server by
the sensor - Email found in subject

Actually the whole command was :-

snort-2.3.2]# mysql -h 10.0.0.5 -u snort -p Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'snort'@'10.0.0.2' (using
password: YES)

mysql is running on the server :-
snort-2.3.2]# ps -A|grep sql
 4691 ?        00:00:00 mysqld_safe
 4711 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4712 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4713 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4714 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4715 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4716 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4717 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4718 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4719 ?        00:00:00 mysqld
 4720 ?        00:00:00 mysqld

 --- "Harper, Patrick" <Patrick.Harper at ...11593...>