[Snort-users] Unable to connect to snort server by the sensor

Jitendra Gupta jitendrakrgupta_snort at ...5176...
Thu Apr 7 07:21:22 EDT 2005

Hello List,
          I have installed Snort server on Mandrake
9.2 and one sensor at Red Hat Linux 9.I have changed
my sensors snort.conf's ouput pluggin line to

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort
dbname=snort host=10.0.0.5

server's ip=10.0.0.5
sensors ip=10.0.0.2

I have also updated mysql databases's "users" table
with an entry host=10.0.0.2,user=snort,password=snort
and all following options set to yes at the server.But
when I did

 snort -dev -c /etc/snort.conf

I get the following :-

database: compiled support for ( mysql )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = 10.0.0.5
Node unique name is: 10.0.0.2
database:   sensor name = 10.0.0.2
ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access denied for user
'snort'@'10.0.0.2' (using password: YES)
Fatal Error, Quitting..

But I can access the mysql server by doing :-

mysql -h 10.0.0.5
mysql>

Please help,
Jitendra