[Snort-users] How come?

mr leokenzie tenminustwo at ...125...
Wed Apr 6 20:15:56 EDT 2005

How come they ask me for mysql.sock in /tmp directory not /var/lib/mysql?
How can i direct it to the /var/lib/mysql directory?

Why when I try to run this /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start I
encounter this problem:
[Thu Apr 07 10:35:27 2005] [warn] module php4_module is already loaded,
skipping(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
[::]:80
Unable to open logs.

Because,
I created a file called test.php
Add the following line to the file;

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

and save the file, then fire up my browser and point it to
localhost/test.php but didnt see a listing of all kinds of cool info about
Apache, PHP, etc. Why is that?
Thanks.