[Snort-users] DNS question

mosquitooth at ...158... mosquitooth at ...158...
Wed Apr 6 14:09:31 EDT 2005

Thanks for replying to everyone!

Now,

- the Windows DNS server is not running (only client)
- of course, the server is configured to use the ISPs DNS servers (by DHCP)
and when I e.g. open www.google.com it does contact these servers for name
resolution.
- These connections to root servers are not used to do any dns resolution -
just tcp handshakes and graceful closes.
- I've added some ethereal logs to this mail...maybe this does enlighten the
whole lot.

Greetings,

Peter