Running multiple Barnyards (was Re: [Snort-users] Can Snort monitor multiple VLANs?)

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...950...
Wed Apr 6 05:41:49 EDT 2005

Peter Barton wrote:

> My question to everyone is, what if you use Barnyard to write to MySql
> and have Snort just write to binary files.  I still have multiple
> instances of Snort running, but I can only seem to get one instance of
> Barnyard running.  Is there a trick to this or am I just going about
> this the wrong way?

You should run multiple Barnyards if you are running multiple Snorts.
Are you using the -X option on the command line to specify different PID
files for each Barnyard process?  I have succesfully run around a
hundred Barnyards on one system as part of testing.

-A