[Snort-users] Problems with base and postgresql

Michael Stone mstone+snort at ...10946...
Mon Apr 4 07:52:38 EDT 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 05:39:28PM -0300, Alejandro Flores wrote:
>       -F     Disables fsync calls for performance improvement, at the risk of
>              data corruption in event of a system crash. This  option  corre-
>              sponds  to  setting  fsync=false  in  postgresql.conf.  Read the
>              detailed documentation before using this!

I'd suggest not doing this, it'll really hurt if your system ever
crashes. Base is really not tuned for postgres right now--if you want
decent performance you're better off just running mysql.

Mike Stone