[Snort-users] permission denied for accessing Mysql database

Juan Fernandez Juan.Fernandez at ...2210...
Sun Apr 3 01:46:55 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem logging alerts to a remote mysql ( and Aanval ).

I configured the mysql db according to Patrick Harper :

mysql

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR root at ...274...=PASSWORD('password');

>Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.25 sec)

mysql> create database snort;

>Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> grant INSERT,SELECT on root.* to snort at ...274...;

>Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR snort at ...274...=PASSWORD('password');

>Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.25 sec)

mysql> grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on snort.* to
snort at ...274...;

>Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

mysql> grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on snort.* to snort;

>Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

mysql> exit;

>Bye

Than on snort.conf on the sensor I have this line:

output database: alert, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort
host=243.137.60.187 sensor_name=sensjrlan

What I try to fire up snort I receive this error in /var/log/messeges:

Apr  3 13:04:32 sensjrlan snort: FATAL ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access
denied for user 'root'@'n171-185.deltathree.com' (using password: YES)

This sensor was logging to a former ACID server.what im trying to do now is
to make him log to a new mysql+Aaval server.

Any ideas ?

Thanks very much !

Juan