[Snort-users] How to enable XML Logging in Snort 2.3.2

Jitendra Gupta jitendrakrgupta_snort at ...5176...
Sat Apr 2 02:26:49 EST 2005

Hello List,
           I am a newbie to Snort .I have installed
Snort 2.3.2 on Mandrake 9.2 and want to enable XML
logging in it.I have gone through

       http://www.cert.org/kb/snortxml/

but still cannot achieve it.I installed
libairutil 0.2.24 and libair 0.4.30.
Then I rebuilt the snort using
 /configure --with-libih --with-libairtutil.
But when I did ./configure --help I didnot find any
parameter for --with-libih and --with-libairutil.Still
I continued to do make and make install.Then after
editing
snort.conf by adding
 output xml: log,file=/var/log/snort/output.xml
above the output database line(I am using MySQL) and
running the command
        snort -c snort.conf
I get the error
ERROR:unknown output plugin:'xml'Fatal Error,
Quitting..
Please Help me out.I am in deep need of the
solution.If you can suggest any other method ,please
suggest.
Thanking You,
Yours Faithfully,
Jitendra