[Snort-users] sfportscan - open ports

Hin hchlai at ...2792...
Fri Apr 1 14:50:21 EST 2005

Thanks Jeremy... I believe I'll wait for 2.4 to come out. I can't find the patch that you indicated on the web, but any assistance would be appreciated.
I'm just curious that since sfportscan is a preprocessor, I would think that threshold.conf will not work on it. Data seems to flow from physical link -> packet capture kernel module or pcap-> snort decoder -> snort preprocessor -> snort signature file.  I thought threshold.conf will only interact after preprocessor pass the info to signature file. Am I correct?
Many thanks!

Hin