[Snort-users] resolved - compress freebsd mysql snort acid

Antonio Pericles Oliveira pericles at ...12501...
Thu Sep 30 14:52:02 EDT 2004

Hello,

First, excuse me my poor english.

I looking to install in my freebsd box a snort + acid + mysql client

I have erros about "compress" in my_compress.o

To resolve i make this:

1 - i get mysql source and compile the client only (my log box is not my
freebsd snort box)

   ./configure --without-server
   make
   make install

2 - in snort, i get source and compile (when i put
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql, i get erros [ ..mysql ... no] )

   ./configure --with-mysql
   make
   make install

3 - oks ? no ... when i run snort -v i get erros about
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.12" not found

   ldconfig /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/mysql /usr/libexec
   rehash

4 - it´s ok! running oks.

Good luck !

Antonio Péricles Oliveira