[Snort-users] No Alerts Being Generated

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at ...10063...
Wed Sep 29 12:36:02 EDT 2004

I completed installing snort 2.2.0 (build 30) and have begun running it. The
ACID GUI and /var/log/snort/alert files have not shown any alerts
even though the program has been running for over an hour. To verify there were
no syntax errors in the snort.conf file, I ran the following:

snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

There were no errors and warnings, and the program appears to be running
properly. Where in snort.conf and elsewhere, should I check for
configuration mistakes? I have included the snort.conf file here. Thanks.

 <<snort.conf.29sept04.txt>>