[Snort-users] Snort Tool Evaluation

M Shirk shirkdog_linux at ...125...
Wed Sep 29 05:20:56 EDT 2004

I too own the Snort 2.0 book, and I would ask Brian Caswell if there are
plans for a 2.2 or a 2.3 book?

There are differences between 2.0 and 2.1, but not enough to get the 2.1
book. However, I could be enticed to get the 2.3 with all of the updated
rule options

When I had a question about newer options in Snort 2.1 I was told to:
RTFM at http://www.snort.org

I was delighted to see that the snort manual had the latest rule options.

The information at http://www.snort.org is enough to get a sensor up and
running in no time
(and of course if you can not follow Patrick Harpers guides, then you should
consider a new career in basket weaving).

Shirkdog