[Snort-users] Looking for good hub

Hague, Jeff jhague at ...12480...
Mon Sep 27 12:17:06 EDT 2004

Also, if it says its capable of full duplex, it is a switch and not a
hub - hubs are half duplex by nature.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Bamm Visscher [mailto:bamm.visscher at ...11827...]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 1:33 PM
To: Bill Warren
Cc: Ty Bodell; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Looking for good hub

Bill,

You're not going to find a dual-speed hub that doesn't include a
switch between 10Mb and 100Mb traffic. I am not sure single speed
100Mb hubs still exist. I've used those hubs and they've worked fine
(both the 10/100 and 10 only versions). If you use the 10/100 hub,
just make sure any interface you plug into it negotiates to 100Mb.

Bammkkkk

--
sguil - The Analyst Console for NSM
http://sguil.sf.net