[Snort-users] Looking for good hub

Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt glratt at ...604...
Mon Sep 27 11:01:12 EDT 2004

We've had some success with NetGear products, with the caveat that the
10/100 versions seems to have internally a 100M hub, a 10M hub, and
a switch/bridge between them - so they won't do the right thing if
individual port speeds among "in", "out", and "tap" are not all the same.

	-g

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Bill Warren wrote:

> Can anybody suggest a good hub to sniff with?   I have found out the
> some of the "hubs" are just cheap switchs with very small arp cache.  I
> need a least 4 ports.  I had been using the one from HP but, they
> stopped making them.  BTW the linksys hubs are switchs.

				Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt
				Rice University Networking
				glratt at ...604...