[Snort-users] Looking for good hub

Bill Warren bwarren at ...12173...
Mon Sep 27 10:18:25 EDT 2004

I was looking at that one but, they only problem is :

"The intelligent bridge automatically manages network traffic such that
100 Mbps traffic does not unnecessarily crowd the 10Mbps network segment
and 10Mbps traffic does not crowd the 100Mbps segment."

Thanks for looking.  If I find on I will let you know.

Bill

Ty Bodell wrote:

>Bill--
>Checkout the Netgear hubs, they're small enough to take on-site if you
>need a tap on a specific segment and are reliable from my expereince.
>I haven't been able to confirm your switch suspicious with these
>models though.
>
>4 Port
>http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=138519
>
>8 Port
>http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=108249
>
>Cheers,
>Ty Bodell
>
>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:36:29 -0500, Bill Warren <bwarren at ...12173...> wrote:
>

>>Can anybody suggest a good hub to sniff with?   I have found out the
>>some of the "hubs" are just cheap switchs with very small arp cache.  I
>>need a least 4 ports.  I had been using the one from HP but, they
>>stopped making them.  BTW the linksys hubs are switchs.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Bill
>>
>>--
>>
>>**********************************