[Snort-users] libpcap help

Wed Sep 22 11:07:04 EDT 2004

Sounds like you are on core 2?  http://www.starken.com/snort/fedora/2/
has the RPM's for it.

-----Original Message-----
From: ebenoit at ...12465... [mailto:ebenoit at ...12465...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 10:17 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] libpcap help

Running compiled libpcap.0.8.3 from tcpdump.org I tried to install -i
snort-2.1.3-1.i386.rpm

I get the follow error: libpcap.so.0.6.2 is needed by snort-2.1.3-1

is there any way around using an old version of libpcap??  I like the
rpm and noticed that the tar file for snort has the same instructions in
it "make sure you have --libpcap.so.0.6.2-- running"

Thank you for your responses,
Eric