[Snort-users] Reference:url not working

SN ORT snort_on_acid at ...131...
Tue Sep 21 08:20:20 EDT 2004

This is a bit of a pain, but the reference:url line in
any signature is not working so that it pops up a ling
in the ACID alert view. I see the "url" word, but it's
not hyper-linked so that I can click and read about
the particular alert and it's origins.

Just a simple:

"reference:url,securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.atak at ...3071...;"

in a rule should produce a:

"url[snort]"BLEEDING-EDGE VIRUS Possible Atak.mm Worm
Outbound"
in ACID, with the "url" portion of that hyperlinked to
the alert information.

Suggestions?

Cheese!

Marc