[Snort-users] The System works !! one question please !

Mon Sep 20 06:14:08 EDT 2004

--On 20 September 2004 13:08 +0300 Juan Fernandez
<Juan.Fernandez at ...2210...> wrote:

> I tried to insert all of my http servers in HTTP_SERVERS in snort.conf (I
> have a 99 servers).
>
> Before modifying the https servers it worked.
>
> DO I have a limitation of ip to enter ( I cant find any syntax error).

It looks like Snort's configuration file parser has a maximum line length
of 1024 characters (defined by STD_BUF in src/snort.h). To (try to) change
this, you'll need to modify that definition in snort.h and rebuild.

Alternatively, a workaround would be to define two or more variables, and
duplicate the signatures that use HTTP_SERVERS.

HTH,
Alex.