[Snort-users] what's supposed to be the difference?

Jason Monroe "JC" monroe at ...5738...
Thu Sep 16 11:24:01 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 07:37, Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 02:41 AM 9/16/2004, Jason Monroe \"JC\" wrote:
> >I don't seem to understand but what's supposed to be the difference
> >between http://www.snort.org/snort-db/?sid=1-270 and
> >http://www.snort.org/snort-db/sid.html?sid=1-270
> >
> >I tried for at least 5 minutes to get something useful out of the search
> >dialog at the top of http://www.snort.org/snort-db/ entering actual SID
> >numbers, common keywords that are in rules yet the page never returns
> >anything different visually than when you hit it for the first time. Is
> >there some magic incantation necessary similar to which Marty
> >demonstrated with the sourcefire sensor demo.
>If you use the search box in the lower-left corner of the main page,
>it leads you to a third, even more useful place:

>http://www.snort.org/cgi-bin/sigs-search.cgi

>Here you can search by SID, message or CVE.

>Looks like the website needs some cleanup so that all the searches >use
the same page, instead of some new page which may not be as >useful.

I know I used that field and was able to obtain search results. I was
saying basically what you did albeit implicitly. I was hoping the
webmaster (Brian?) could take a hint and look at making the form actions
for the search fields uniform, and I sent this message to the list more
so out of lack of contact info for "webmaster".

Thanks,

JC

Jason Monroe "JC" <monroe at ...5738...>