[Snort-users] what's supposed to be the difference?

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Thu Sep 16 07:42:27 EDT 2004

At 02:41 AM 9/16/2004, Jason Monroe \"JC\" wrote:
>I don't seem to understand but what's supposed to be the difference
>between http://www.snort.org/snort-db/?sid=1-270 and
>http://www.snort.org/snort-db/sid.html?sid=1-270
>
>I tried for at least 5 minutes to get something useful out of the search
>dialog at the top of http://www.snort.org/snort-db/ entering actual SID
>numbers, common keywords that are in rules yet the page never returns
>anything different visually than when you hit it for the first time. Is
>there some magic incantation necessary similar to which Marty
>demonstrated with the sourcefire sensor demo.

If you use the search box in the lower-left corner of the main page, it
leads you to a third, even more useful place:

http://www.snort.org/cgi-bin/sigs-search.cgi

Here you can search by SID, message or CVE.

Looks like the website needs some cleanup so that all the searches use the
same page, instead of some new page which may not be as useful.