[Snort-users] Newbie - Getting snort to report

Atkins, Dwane P ATKINSD at ...9240...
Thu Sep 16 07:33:42 EDT 2004

I am using Redhat 9.0 with Snort and have it loaded and it looks like it
is properly configured.  I have dual NICs and have my sniffing port in
promiscuous mode with a 0.0.0.0 address.  Is this going to be a problem?
Should I assign it an address, put it in promiscuous mode and then
assign the VLAN traffic to it?  Also, I want to be able to view a report
of what is happening.  I did the Acid console, but would love to be able
to monitor more than one or two snort sensors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dwane Atkins