[Snort-users] I am using Petrick harper's guide still have pr oblems !!

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Wed Sep 15 10:26:46 EDT 2004

El mié, 15 de 09 de 2004 a las 10:07, Alex Butcher, ISC/ISYS escribió:
> --On 14 September 2004 22:17 +0200 Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac at ...12346...>
> wrote:
>
> > Look in rpmfind.net or similar mirror for the packages you need, they
> > should be there. If you are sure you have the necessary libraries you
> > can force the installation without the dependencies problem with
> > rpm --nodeps, but you have to be sure that you have the needed
> > libraries.
>
> I know you're trying to help, but grabbing packages from rpmfind.net is a
> bad idea unless you're very careful not to mix packages from different
> distributions (and even different versions of the same distro). If you mix
> packages from different distros you will very shortly be in what some
> people refer to as 'dependency hell'.
>
> Best Regards,
> Alex.

You are right, but rpmfind.net has packages for every rpm
distribution you can find. It has to be easy to get only
the packages for the exact distribution you are using.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.