[Snort-users] I am using Petrick harper's guide still have pr oblems !!

Wed Sep 15 01:09:01 EDT 2004

--On 14 September 2004 22:17 +0200 Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac at ...12346...>
wrote:

> Look in rpmfind.net or similar mirror for the packages you need, they
> should be there. If you are sure you have the necessary libraries you
> can force the installation without the dependencies problem with
> rpm --nodeps, but you have to be sure that you have the needed
> libraries.

I know you're trying to help, but grabbing packages from rpmfind.net is a
bad idea unless you're very careful not to mix packages from different
distributions (and even different versions of the same distro). If you mix
packages from different distros you will very shortly be in what some
people refer to as 'dependency hell'.

Best Regards,
Alex.