[Snort-users] E-mail alerting

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Tue Sep 14 13:33:19 EDT 2004

El lun, 13 de 09 de 2004 a las 19:00, M Shirk escribió:
> Swatch creates files for the user who is running swatch. So if you start
> swatch as root, it checks /root/.swatchrc for your configuration and creates
> the .script files.
>
> Someone else could verify this but I think it compiles the perl script with
> your configuration options in the .swatchrc file.
>
> The Global symbol error is a perl error, check your .swatchrc file and look
> for @page55, and check the actual Swatch script for this string. It may be a
> here document or some formatting that is messed up and being interpreted as
> code.
>
> Shirkdog
> http://www.shirkdog.us

He can also check the script that is created by swatch and
that it's giving the error. Swatch creates a script file
for each run, and that file contains the actual code that
swatch is running. It can help to find the error in the
real swatchrc file.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC