[Snort-users] I am using Petrick harper's guide still have pr oblems !!

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Tue Sep 14 13:33:10 EDT 2004

El lun, 13 de 09 de 2004 a las 19:03, Juan Fernandez escribió:
> I tried the command an hour ago:
>
> This is what I recive:
>
> [root at ...12378... snortinstall]# yum install openssl
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
> Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> openssl is installed and is the latest version.
> No actions to take
>
> I cant belive this is happening to me....
>
> I found that it says the same about allmount all the dependencis in looking
> for.
>
> I cant belive I will need to reinstall a sensor just because of dependencis
> problems. Now I understand why nobody uses Linux.
>
> Maybe to insert the distribution cd's and install every package ?
>
> I must get it working !!!
>

> Thanks !!

It seems that you have the last openssl package already installed,
if that it's the case (just check /usr/lib/libopenssl.so.x.x) then
you just have to force the rpm command so it doesn't check for
dependences problems. Try rpm --nodeps.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC