[Snort-users] Help: Php4.3.3 installation on RH9.

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12370...
Tue Sep 14 08:58:31 EDT 2004

El vie, 03 de 09 de 2004 a las 00:34, support escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I am installing snort on a Red Hat 9 machine according to Snort,
> Apache, PHP, MySQL and Acid and using the document Install on RH9.0 by
> Patrick Harper which I downloaded in the snort web site. I have a
> problem with php 4.3.3.
>
> After the install and editing of /www/conf/httpd.conf I receive the
> following error when I try to start /etc/rc5.d/S85httpd start
>
> [root[image]linuxmgr root]# /etc/rc5.d/S85httpd start
>
> Syntax error on line 231 of /www/conf/httpd.conf:
>
> Cannot load /www/modules/libphp4.so into server:
> /www/modules/libphp4.so:
>
> This is the 231 line in /www/conf/httpd.conf :
>
> LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
>
> Can anybody quickly help me to come out of the issue. How to resolve
> this problem
>

> Thanks and regards
>
> Mayur Pathak

On my Redhat 9 I have this line commented on the config file and then
I have the line in a file in /etc/httpd/conf.d named php.conf. I suppose
it doesn't matter.

Do you really have the module libphp4.so at /www/modules? In my redhat
9 it's situated at /usr/lib/httpd/modules.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.