[Snort-users] Re: [Snort-devel] snort datasctuctures

Burak DAYIOGLU dayioglu at ...9830...
Tue Sep 14 08:57:43 EDT 2004

snort user wrote:
> hi
> i was going through the code of snort to understand the data structures
> that are being used to store the rules and then to detect. is there some
> material where i can get a head start on this?

My M.Sc. thesis, in one of the chapters has some info on OTNs, RTNs and
stuff.   While the code has differed much from those days understanding
these older data structures is still essential. You may want to check
out http://www.dayioglu.net/publications/thesis.pdf .

with regards.
--
Burak DAYIOGLU
Phone: +90 312 2103379                            Fax: +90 312 2101120