[Snort-users] I am using Petrick harper's guide still have problems !!

Sean Brown sblinux at ...9344...
Mon Sep 13 11:28:08 EDT 2004

On September 13, 2004 11:37 am, Lance Boon wrote:
> May I offer a suggestion?
> 1. Take the box and start over from scratch.
This might be a good idea. I don't usually advise switching distros, but do
you have to run Fedora? If dependencies are causing you this much problems,
you could look into Debian which is fantastic with the security updates, and
apt-get will handle all the dependencies, so all you would have to do is
apt-get snort and let it install. The installation might throw you for a loop
so be sure to read everything carefully, but it might get you up and running
faster, and leave the finer details of managing a Linux installation till
later when you have more time.

Its just a thought.

If not, it does seem that you do have everything installed, so you might need
to rebuild the rpm database, rpm --rebuild if I remember right, its been a
while since I've used a rpm based distro.

-Sean Brown