[Snort-users] I am using Petrick harper's guide still have pr oblems !!

Juan Fernandez Juan.Fernandez at ...2210...
Mon Sep 13 10:04:09 EDT 2004

I tried the command an hour ago:

This is what I recive:

[root at ...12378... snortinstall]# yum install openssl
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
openssl is installed and is the latest version.
No actions to take

I cant belive this is happening to me....

I found that it says the same about allmount all the dependencis in looking
for.

I cant belive I will need to reinstall a sensor just because of dependencis
problems. Now I understand why nobody uses Linux.

Maybe to insert the distribution cd's and install every package ?

I must get it working !!!

Thanks !!