[Snort-users] guides on the snort site

Mon Sep 13 05:48:01 EDT 2004

You open the mysql port (3306:tcp) and follow the permissions like in
the doc except replace localhost with the IP they will be logging in
with and the username/password they will be logging in with

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick S. Harper [mailto:patrick at ...4250...]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 5:51 AM
To: 'Juan Fernandez'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] guides on the snort site

The one I wrote (I would use the newer one on my site and not the RH9
one on the snort.org site) can be easily modified for what you want.
Just open the ports and give permissions on the manager for the mysql
users on the sensors to log in to the database.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light
the damn thing yourself!"