[Snort-users] guides on the snort site

Juan Fernandez Juan.Fernandez at ...2210...
Mon Sep 13 04:02:17 EDT 2004

How Give permissions ?

Sorry I new in linux.

Open ports you mean to oprn ports if the sensors and the management are
seperated with a Firewall in the middle?

Thanks !!

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick S. Harper [mailto:patrick at ...4250...]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 1:51 PM
To: 'Juan Fernandez'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] guides on the snort site

The one I wrote (I would use the newer one on my site and not the RH9 one on
the snort.org site) can be easily modified for what you want.  Just open the
ports and give permissions on the manager for the mysql users on the sensors
to log in to the database.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light the
damn thing yourself!"