[Snort-users] problem when: ./configure --with-mysql

Sean Brown sblinux at ...9344...
Sat Sep 11 16:43:01 EDT 2004

On September 11, 2004 12:42 pm, Juan Fernandez wrote:
> Hi !!
>
> I installed snort 2.2 on the sensor ( the menegment server is another
> machine).
>
> the sensor is Fedora.
>
> after in untar the file I downloaded from snort.org I issue the commands as
> fololowed bot I get an error which says:

>   ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
>   checked in the following places

Red Hats site lists the following MySQL rpms for Fedora:

mysql-3.23.58-4.i386.rpm
 mysql-bench-3.23.58-4.i386.rpm
 mysql-devel-3.23.58-4.i386.rpm
 mysql-server-3.23.58-4.i386.rpm

I assume you installed mysql-3.23.58-4.i386.rpm, for the headers and related
files to compile something against mysql you will need the mysql-devel rpm.
Sorry if its already been said.

-Sean Brown