[Snort-users] snort and acid - Traffic Profile by Protocol doesnt update correctly

Sat Sep 11 03:27:22 EDT 2004

That is just the traffic that snort saw.  If it matches any rule it gets
put in the alert file and sent to whatever your output option is set
for, in your case the mysql database.  If you ant to make sure your
getting alerts scan it with one of the scanners I have listed at the
bottom of that paper.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Oost [mailto:johnoost at ...125...]
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 2:31 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort and acid - Traffic Profile by Protocol
doesnt update correctly

Hi All,

I just installed snort and acid for the first time and quickly read
through the manuals. I installed snort and Acid on Redhat 9 using
Patrick Harper's installation guide. Everything seems to work fine
except for the "Traffic Profile by Protocol" display of acid. This
display just doesnt seem to update every time. When I run snort -v and
press ctrl-c after a while it tells me that 99% of the traffic was tcp.
The display in Acid displays 79% udp and 3% tcp. Is this display
supposed to show the traffic that snort has "sniffed" or the traffic
that was identified as "bad" ? If it's the first, is this a known error?

Best regards,