[Snort-users] snort and acid - Traffic Profile by Protocol doesnt update correctly

John Oost johnoost at ...125...
Sat Sep 11 00:33:11 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I just installed snort and acid for the first time and quickly read through
the manuals. I installed snort and Acid on Redhat 9 using Patrick Harper's
installation guide. Everything seems to work fine except for the "Traffic
Profile by Protocol" display of acid. This display just doesnt seem to
update every time. When I run snort -v and press ctrl-c after a while it
tells me that 99% of the traffic was tcp. The display in Acid displays 79%
udp and 3% tcp. Is this display supposed to show the traffic that snort has
"sniffed" or the traffic that was identified as "bad" ? If it's the first,
is this a known error?

Best regards,