[Snort-users] trouble setting up SnortCenter

Fri Sep 10 15:16:46 EDT 2004

--On 09 September 2004 11:39 -0700 Larry Wichman <larrywichman at ...131...>
wrote:

> I have set up SnortCenter according to the document
> written by Steven Scott and I am getting an error when
> I try to access the console. I get the following
> error:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
> mysql_connect() in
> /var/www/html/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on
> line 337

Chances are you're missing some of the MySQL libraries; either
libmysqlclient.so or mysql.so.

> The only thing I can think of is that I did get an
> error when I tried to compile php w/ --with -mysql.
> The error said that there was no longer support for
> mysql? Not sure. Any help is appreciated.

MySQL AB changed the license of MySQL in a way that meant that PHP couldn't
bundle the necessary libraries. MySQL AB made an exception for PHP later on
(around March 2004) so support should re-appear.

Alternatively, stick to the standard distribution packages for PHP and
MySQL, rather than rolling your own.

Best Regards,
Alex.