[Snort-users] General snort question

Wendell Smith wendels at ...12409...
Fri Sep 10 13:12:01 EDT 2004

Let me preface this by apologizing for this potentially redundant
question.

I realize that I should most likely be using snort sensors to accomplish
the task I spoke of earlier in this thread.

Where can I find documentation on how to accomplish this. I only found
one reference to the word "sensor" in the entire Snort manual. I grep
for "sensor" in the install/doc dir and I find only two instances of the
word. Neither of which sheds any light on how to make use of this
mechanism.

So...

Could someone point me in the direction of some documentation about
utilizing and deploying snort sensors that relay information to a
central back-end server?

Thanks and regards,

Wendell