[Snort-users] How to setup more than one sensor

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Fri Sep 10 10:15:01 EDT 2004

El jue, 09 de 09 de 2004 a las 23:03, Snort IDS escribió:
> I'm trying to setup 3 sensors on my network and I have some doubts
> about central loging. Do I have to implement Universal Logging? Is
> there some configuration to be done on snort.conf?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paulo.

You can use the three sensors logging as different sensors to the
same database. ACID supports this kind of logging and let you
choose between the three snort sensors.

In snort.conf you just have to give a different hostname to each
of the three sensors.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC