[Snort-users] trouble setting up SnortCenter

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Fri Sep 10 09:56:16 EDT 2004

El jue, 09 de 09 de 2004 a las 20:39, Larry Wichman escribió:
> I have set up SnortCenter according to the document
> written by Steven Scott and I am getting an error when
> I try to access the console. I get the following
> error:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
> mysql_connect() in
> /var/www/html/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on
> line 337
>
> The only thing I can think of is that I did get an
> error when I tried to compile php w/ --with -mysql.
> The error said that there was no longer support for
> mysql? Not sure. Any help is appreciated.

You are answering your own question. You probably don't
have mysql support in your PHP installation, so ADODB
can't connect to the MySQL database. ADODB it's just a
wrapper to other PHP functions and it's using one to
try and connect to the MySQL database.

If you can't compile PHP with mysql support you should
try to use a binary package with the mysql support
already compiled.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC