[Snort-users] why arent helping me ? PLEASE HELP !!!!! How to start mysql clien t on the sensor?please help !!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 10 02:59:01 EDT 2004

--On 09 September 2004 20:13 +0300 Juan Fernandez
<Juan.Fernandez at ...2210...> wrote:

[snip]

> Acid and my sql server is installed on another management server.do I need
> to install it on the this sensor (my sql client I mean..)

The sensor needs the MySQL libraries, and you may very well want the mysql
client (i.e. /usr/bin/mysql) but it doesn't need the MySQL server (i.e.
/usr/bin/mysqld and/or /usr/bin/safe_mysqld).

To be honest, though, your questions are not appropriate to this list; they
are basic MySQL administration questions, and you'd be advised to ask them
on a MySQL-focused list, or buying training and/or a support contract from
MySQL AB.

Best Regards,
Alex.