[Snort-users] RE: why arent helping me ? PLEASE HELP !!!!! How to start mysql client on the sensor?please help !!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 9 10:23:09 EDT 2004

At this point I would suggest going to http://www.snort.org/docs/ and
looking under setup guides and using one of them to walk you through the
install.  I have an update to my redhat one that is on there at
http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/Snort_SSL_FC1.pdf

They will walk you through the entire process.

As for what you are trying to do now you have the binary distribution.
If you do not understand what that means then you definitely should go
get one of the install guides.  The version you have does not compile,
it IS compiled.  There is are RPM's for just the client although I have
never used them so I have no idea how they work.  there is a source
tarball for just the clients too.  You can find these on the mysql
website.  Also you are using an ALPHA VERSION!  Why?  If you do not have
a good reason then download and use the release version.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
Information Security Engineer
patrick.harper at ...11593...