[Snort-users] Snort Comparison Info

Tue Sep 7 06:50:09 EDT 2004

I just read an article in one of the networking/security trade mags
comparing them.  InfoWorld, aug 23rd issue.

http://www.infoworld.com/reports/34SRids.html should get you there, you
have to register though.

It might help your cause.

-----Original Message-----
From: dv8 [mailto:deviating at ...11827...]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 6:30 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Comparison Info

Does anyone know of a good paper out (if it does exists) that can
justify why Snort would be an excellent IDS alternative compared to
products made by Cisco or ISS?  I am trying to justify why it would be
best to go with Snort as opposed to some expensive solution from well
known vendors.  Thank you for any help given!

//j