[Snort-users] nic card in promisc mode recives ip from dhcp !!

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Mon Sep 6 09:39:02 EDT 2004

El lun, 06 de 09 de 2004 a las 14:30, Juan Fernandez escribió:
> Hi !!!
>

> I have a Rh machine with 2 nics, one of the nics I put in promisc mode
>
>  but it steel receives an ip from the dhcp server, how I can prevent
> it
>
>  from receiving the ip address ?

Being or not in promisc mode doesn't have anything to do with the
card receiving an IP address from the DHCP server or not. Change
BOOTPROTO=static for BOOTPROTO=none. I have it this way and it
works well.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC