[Snort-users] NFS file copy vs. snort ???

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Sun Sep 5 13:50:10 EDT 2004

El dom, 05 de 09 de 2004 a las 22:01, Jason escribió:
> I doubt Snort is interfering directly with your copy but instead you are
> using under powered hardware for the task of serving NFS and running
> snort. It sounds like Snort is using all CPU so your NFS copies are
> slow... try tuning snort.

Maybe just throwing out the NFS rules can give you a speed boost,
because NFS or RPC attacks are not very common today, or follow
the advice of Jason and tune your rules. Maybe you can deactivate
the rpc_decode preprocessor, that probably is doing most of the
work that slows down your connection. As I said RCP attacks are
uncommon today, and if connection speed it's a real matter in
your system you maybe can quit using the rpc_decode processor or
the NFS rules.