[Snort-users] re: create_mysql script

Fri Sep 3 08:00:07 EDT 2004

Looks like you are running openaanval on one of them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lindsay Hunt [mailto:lhunt at ...11901...]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 9:12 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] re: create_mysql script

Hello,

I have installed Snort v2.1.2 on 2 separate Fedora Redhat machines and have used the create_mysql script found in the contrib directory to build the database tables. On one machine, 20 tables are built, on the other 35 tables are built (see output below). I have tried to use the create_mysql script from the machine with 35 tables on the machine with only 20 tables but still end up with 20 tables. I am using the ACID console and also like to use the Openaanval console which requires  the 'user' table. I use the following command within mysql to build the tables:

>source /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/snort-2.1.2/contrib/create_mysql

Has anyone run into this problem? Please let me know.

kind regards,

Lindsay Hunt

machine 1

mysql> connect snort;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
Connection id:    488806
Current database: snort
mysql> show tables;
+------------------+
| Tables_in_snort  |
+------------------+
| acid_ag          |
| acid_ag_alert    |
| acid_event       |
| acid_ip_cache    |
| data             |
| detail           |
| encoding         |
| event            |
| icmphdr          |
| iphdr            |
| opt              |
| reference        |
| reference_system |
| schema           |
| sensor           |
| sig_class        |
| sig_reference    |
| signature        |
| tcphdr           |
| udphdr           |
+------------------+
20 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Machine 2

mysql> show tables;
+------------------------+
| Tables_in_snortarchive |
+------------------------+
| acid_ag                |
| acid_ag_alert          |
| acid_event             |
| acid_ip_cache          |
| actions                |
| data                   |
| detail                 |
| encoding               |
| event                  |
| flags                  |
| frequent_offenders     |
| hostnames              |
| icmphdr                |
| ids_collection         |
| ids_live_track         |
| ids_logs               |
| ids_mark               |
| ids_oad_buffer         |
| ids_ops                |
| ids_sensors            |
| ids_track              |
| iphdr                  |
| opt                    |
| protocols              |
| reference              |
| reference_system       |
| schema                 |
| sensor                 |
| sig_class              |
| sig_reference          |
| signature              |
| tcphdr                 |
| timezones              |
| udphdr                 |
| users                  |
35 rows in set (0.00 sec)

ą5^){([YZ)%{^vG^h�lr߭眢|YˢZ)[hulgri؝N;jYhr'u<%ǫf)+-Jz+
b,y+޴j-bDK!jx
ǫb{(칻
&ކilq zlX)ߣ'nJz+
b֫rzm