[Snort-users] Time-HiRes make error

Michael.Spotz at ...194... Michael.Spotz at ...194...
Thu Sep 2 09:26:07 EDT 2004

I want to use Swatch with Snort.  Swatch requires four perl modules.  I've successfully installed two of the four on a Solaris 8 machine.  File-Tail won't install until Time-HiRes is installed.  The command "perl Makefile.PL" works fine.  The command "make" produces a fatal error:

Command failed for target `HiRes.o'

I've tried to install Time-HiRes 1.02, 1.20, 1.50, and 1.60.  Same error in each case.

Is there anyone who has successfully installed Time-HiRes on a Solaris box?  If so, please tell me how you did it!

By the way, I have tried several suggestions:  replace -xO3 with -O; replace -KPIC with -fpic; replace cc with gcc; etc.

Thanks to all for your help.