[Snort-users] RE: Barnyard not inserting on ACID tables in MySQL, just regular

Dirk Geschke Dirk_Geschke at ...1344...
Thu Sep 2 02:47:02 EDT 2004

Hi Pedro,

> mmm.... another thing ... Currently i'm using this command to start barnyard:
> $BARNYARD_PATH/barnyard -D -w barn.waldo -c /etc/snort/barnyard.conf
>             -g /etc/snort/gen-msg.map -s /etc/snort/sid-msg.map -f snort.log
>
> To get thinks well done, i guess I could add a couple of switches.
> Do you recommend adding -n and -a ? I don't want barnyard duplicating
> database entries between restarts.... exactly how barnyard handles
> this?

I think '-n' is what you need. The '-a' option is for archiving of
processed files. I think removing them would be more helpful to keep
the disk usage small.

But I have to admit that I don't work with barnyard at all. I just took
a look at it to compare it with FLoP...

Best regards

Dirk